In April, Ian Reisner and Mati Weiderpass held a dinner for Sen. Ted Cruz, the Presidential candidate, and gave him a campaign contribution. The whole gay world promptly blew a gasket.
But it wasn’t Cruz’s anti-gay and anti-marriage-equality positions that brought Reisner and Weiderpass into the Cruz camp. Rich dudes like them are attracted to politicians who will protect their money and power.
So where does Cruz stand on some of the issues that concern Reisner and Weiderpass? Let’s have a look:
- against the Affordable Care Act
- in favor of the Keystone pipeline
- believes that climate change is not man-made
- against increasing the national debt
- advocates abolition of the IRS
If I were a cynical rich asshole, I’d probably support Cruz, too.