Terence Crutcher was shot to death by an Oklahoma police officer last week.
- a protective order from 12 years ago (c. 2004) that was dismissed
- imprisoned on a drug charge in 2007
- a “couple of financial things” — no date given
- no violent criminal history, no warrants
- unarmed when shot
Tulsa Police Officer Betty Shelby:
- illegal drug use (marijuana) about 1992, when she was 18
- temporary restraining order for damaging a boyfriend’s car during a breakup in 1993
- 2002 protective order for harassment
The Hannitys of the world say that Crutcher has “a long criminal history,” which seems to be stretching the truth a bit.
The anti-Shelby voices say she had “multiple restraining orders” — but her run-ins with the law seem to pre-date Crutcher’s by quite a bit.
So it seems to me that partisans of both sides are trying to smear the other.
Source: Sean Hannity rebuffed after trying to smear Terence Crutcher